Wednesday, July 22, 2009

SHAI HULUD @ CROC ROCK TONIGHT!


Yes, I am stoked to see Shai Hulud tonight right in our own backyard. They will be performing live at Croc Rock in Allentown. Even though Shai Hulud is named after a character in the 80's movie DUNE and their picture to the left looks quite comical, do not take them lightly. They are one of the most fierce, technical bands I have ever heard. Their guitarists are all over the place, the drumming is chaotic and the lyrics are mainly about the downfall of man. Over the years they have had many different line-up changes. The band's second vocalist (Chad Gilbert) left the band to form the pop-punk group New Found Glory. With songs like "Set Your Body Ablaze," "This Wake I Myself Have Stirred," and "A Profound Hatred of Man," you really can't go wrong. The only problem with this band is that they are very elusive. I have attempted to see them numerous times but it hasn't worked out in my favor. Either I arrive at the show after they have played or they never show up to play. I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly tonight. This is like Murphy's Law, anything that can possibly go wrong will. But until I am standing on the floor at Croc Rock with a beer in my hand rockin' out to one of the most influential metal(ish) bands of my time, then I won't truly believe that this is really going to happen. See you tonight @ Croc, hopefully...


until next time...(enjoy this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M4WGc9qSto)


~Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment